MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2013
1. Open your Microsoft Outlook 2013.
2. Click “File” located at the upper left side of your Outlook.
3. Click first on “Account Settings”, and a dropdown menu will appear and click “Account Settings”.
4. Since you will set up new email account. Click “New”.
5. Click on the button that says “Manual setup or additional server types”. Then click “Next”.
6. Choose Service. POP or IMAP is selected by default and this is correct. Just continue and click “Next”.
7. POP and IMAP account settings.
A. User information:
Your name is your FULL name.
Your email address must be your FULL email address.
Server information: Account type must be POP3.
Incoming mail server: type mail.yourdomain.com [ex: mail.imanilahost.com] (“imanilahost.com” is our domain.)
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): type mail.yourdomain.com [ex: mail.imanilahost.com] (“imanilahost.com” is our domain.)
User Name is your FULL email address and type your password.
Don’t forget to check “Remember Password”.
Leave SPA unchecked.
B. Uncheck “Automatically test account settings when NEXT is clicked”.
C. Deliver new messages to:
Since you are only creating new email account. You must select “New Outlook Data File”. Data File is the storage file of all your emails.
NOTE: MICROSOFT OUTLOOK or ANY EMAIL CLIENT is a third party application software which means that whenever this DATA FILE (.pst file format) is corrupted or damaged. It is not on our scope of supporting this matter since it is a third party application. Then proceed to “More Settings”.
8. Go to “Outgoing Server” tab.
– Check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
9. Go to “Advanced” tab.
– Incoming Server (POP3): is 110 by default. This is correct.
– Outgoing Server (SMTP): change port 25 to 587.
– Use the following type of encrypted connection should be NONE.
NOTE: Checking “Leave a copy of messages on the server” will simply save your emails on the webmail/server. If this is unchecked, all your emails will be downloaded to your Outlook. This is OPTIONAL, but for security purposes, we suggest to have this checked to have backup of your emails on the server.
– Then click “OK”.
10. Once you click “OK”, it will return to “POP and IMAP account settings” window. Now click “Test account settings” to check if your configuration is correct.
11. After clicking “Test account settings” this window will appear on your screen. There will be TWO tasks that will test and for you to be able to use your email account properly. The STATUS must be COMPLETED. If so, you are now ready to use your email account. Then click “CLOSE”.
12. It will again return to “POP and IMAP account settings” window and now click “NEXT”.
13. Congratulations! Your account is ready to use. Click FINISH to close the wizard setup. Cheers! Happy mailing!
If your email client is not listed, or you are unsure of the mail client you are currently using, please contact our Technical Support team via email at email@example.com or send a message through our website at http://imanila.ph/lets-talk any time of the day.